By D.G. Shipton
What inspires a person to write varies as much as their are writers. What inspires on may not inspire others. However, I will the top five things that inspire me to write.
- My Photography Hobby: I enjoy taking pictures when we travel, and around daily life. Sometimes when I can’t get motivated to write I pull up some of my photo’s from my Shutterfly account and let the creativity flow.
- My Faith: I write a devotional Blog, which flows from some of my personal devotional and prayer times, as well as my sermon preparations. Out of personal inspiration from Scripture and faith I pass my thoughts on to others.
- From my family and friends: stories, activities together, and interests shared have often inspired me to write a story.
- My work : I write a blog, in which I pass on knowledge gained through experience to others. Much of this is personal stories of what I have seen work or not work in my own job.
- Photo’s from others: Sometimes seeing a picture in a news article, magazine, or other places inspire me to write as well.